Onsite Acupuncture at Poma Fertility
Poma Fertility has partnered with Acupuncture Northwest & Associates to offer their patients access to onsite acupuncture before and after embryo transfer (ET).
Having acupuncture onsite at Poma is truly good for the patients. It saves them from the extra stress of traveling to acupuncture on their "big day". It also helps them feel relaxed and more prepared for their upcoming transfer." - Hefei Liang, Poma's Onsite Acupuncturist
Onsite Acupuncture For Embryo Transfer
The latest research shows that onsite acupuncture on the day of embryo transfer can improve success rates (Smith 2019). Onsite is what makes the difference. You have put so much time, energy and money to get to here, it makes sense to do everything you can to increase your chances of success.
How acupuncture helps on the day of IVF transfer:
- Increase success rates, optimize patient outcomes (Smith 2019)
- Reduce stress - decrease cortisol levels which is known to decrease "time to conceive" (Eshkevari 2013)
- Help patients have a good experience (Smith 2011, de Lacey 2009)
For more information about acupuncture for IVF, see our Acupuncture and IVF page.
Getting transfer acupuncture at Poma Fertility:
- Schedule your transfer acupuncture. Please let us know the date and time of your transfer, if you know. If your transfer time hasn't been set yet, schedule a date near your transfer window and Poma Fertility will let us know when it has been scheduled. That's all you need to do! We will then meet you at Poma Fertility and support you through your transfer.
- On the day of ET, check in at the front desk one hour prior to your scheduled transfer.
- The acupuncturist will bring you back for your pre-ET acupuncture.
- After your transfer, the acupuncturist will administer a second treatment.
Two acupuncture sessions on the day of ET: $255
No insurance is billed for acupuncture onsite at Poma Fertility.
Poma's Fertility Acupuncturist
Hefei Liang (Huh-Fay) is Acupuncture Northwest's onsite acupuncturist for all transfers at Poma Fertility, for both Poma Fertility and Sound Fertility. She also practices out of our Bellevue office.
Smith CA et al. 2019. Acupuncture performed around the time of embryo transfer: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Reprod Biomed Online. 2019 Mar;38(3):364-379.
Eshkevari L, Permaul E, Mulroney SE. Acupuncture blocks cold stress-induced increases in the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis in the rat. 2013. J Endocrinology, 15;217(1):95-104.
De Lacey, et al. Building resilience: A preliminary exploration of women's perceptions of the use of acupuncture as an adjunct to In Vitro Fertilisation, 2009. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Volume 9: 5
Smith CA, et al. 2011. The effect of acupuncture on psychosocial outcomes for women experiencing infertility: a pilot randomized controlled trial. J Altern Complement Med. 17(10):923-30