Fertility Massage (Maya Abdominal Massage)
Fertility massage is based on Maya Abdominal Massage (MAM), which is founded on the ancient Maya technique of abdominal massage. MAM is an external, non-invasive manipulation that repositions internal organs that have shifted, which can restrict the flow of blood, lymph, nerves and qi.
Reasons to get MAM:
- Fertility to increase blood flow to the reproductive organs, make sure organs are in the correct position, reduce physical stagnations
- Physical Stagnations in the lower abdomen: such as: adhesions, polyps, fibroids, endometriosis, cysts or tubal blockages
Using MAM is an important component of your fertility enhancement at Acupuncture Northwest & Associates. We recommend a MAM consultation for all of our fertility patients, to know where your uterus and other organs are positioned and whether adhesions are found.
MAM is especially helpful when you have:
- Physical stagnations in the lower abdomen, such as:
- Tubal blockages
What you can expect at a MAM Fertility Consultation & Treatment:
- Self Care
Learn self-care techniques to do at home.
Consult on lifestyle, nutrition and overall health.
Have abdomen and reproductive organs assessed for adhesions and position.
Repositioning of internal organs and breaking up stagnations.
Our Fertility Massage Therapists:
- Tacoma MAM provider (fertility massage): Lisa Zepeda
- Seattle MAM provider (fertility massage): Danisha Christian
Please note that insurance doesn't cover MAM. Initial 90 minute visit is $175 and follow up 60 minute visits are $105.