Seattle, Tacoma & Bellevue Clinics
Welcome to Acupuncture Northwest & Associates.
ALL STAFF & PROVIDERS ARE FULLY VACCINATED!
We please ask that if you are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, give the office a call and we will gladly reschedule your visit for another day, without a late cancellation fee.
We are a group practice, you are welcome and encouraged to see different acupuncturists until you find just the right provider for you! Or to get an appointment that fits into your schedule.
A note from Clinic Director, Stephanie Gianarelli, " I am not taking new patients. And I am now based out of the Tacoma office. If you would like me involved in your care in the Seattle or Bellevue office, I am currently working with Kathy Lai. If you want to have me in on your first appointment, please call the office to schedule and I will sit in on the fertility portion of your initial visit and we can create a plan together. I will then continue to be involved in your care behind the scenes."
New Patient Information:
Here is some information that you may want as a new patient to Acupuncture Northwest & Associates. If you have any questions, please contact us.
- What Acupuncture Treats
- Insurance & Cost Information
- We are not providers for Humana, Molina or Medicare at this time.
- INSURANCE COVERAGE - Even if you have acupuncture benefits on your insurance plan, you will still need to check with your insurance to see if they will cover acupuncture for your specific health complaint. Insurance plans have many exclusions. We are unable to bill for non-covered diagnoses. Please refer here for how to ask your insurance company if they cover acupuncture for what you are coming in for. Also, ask how many acupuncture sessions you have per year and when your benefit year begins.
- Please be aware of your benefit/visit maximums - as in network providers, we will not be able to offer the time of service discount after insurance has been billed, in the event that your insurance denies the claim.
- If we bill your insurance and the insurance denies your claims, the charges below are the charges that may be billed you:
- New patient visit: $255-$275
- Return patient visit: $145-$235
- Please note: As of January 1st, 2022, we will no longer be considered in network with the Aetna plans that are administered by American Specialty Health.
- Location / Driving Instructions
- Patient Testimonials
- Intake Forms to be seen in one of our clinics (Please fill out and sign both the intake and consent forms):
- Fertility Patients please also fill out:
- Please use the hand sanitizer as you arrive and as you leave.
- You must wear a mask while you are in our clinic.
- Please don’t come early – no more than 5 minutes before your appointment time.
- Please come alone unless you need assistance.
What we are doing to keep the clinic safe:
- We have installed "Air Scrubbers" in each of our offices. They have been proven to get viruses out of the air. Read more about them here.
- Clinicians wash hands between patient visits as well as wearing masks (N95 or KN95).
- Acupuncture tables, chairs and tables in treatment rooms are disinfected between each patient visit.
- Door knobs, reception chairs, and other contact surfaces are disinfected regularly.
- Any employees exhibiting respiratory symptoms have been asked to stay home for 14 days or get tested.
Tissues and hand sanitizer can be found in the reception area. The health and well-being of yourself and your family is a top priority at Acupuncture Northwest & Associates. We look forward to seeing you in the office and continuing to work with you.
Your First Acupuncture Visit
Your first treatment will begin with an extensive interview covering most aspects of your health and habits. The practitioner will then look at your tongue and feel your pulse. All the information will be assessed to create a total picture of your state of health. If we feel that Chinese medicine would be effective for you, a treatment plan will then be written especially for you. An acupuncture treatment will be given and you may get a customized herbal formula. Your first treatment will take about 90 minutes, with subsequent treatments lasting 45-60 minutes.
Acupuncture uses hair-thin needles and is generally painless. A dull or achy sensation may be felt with needle insertion and this is very normal. All needles used are ONE-TIME USE, sterile and disposable. Most people find acupuncture very relaxing; in fact, many patients fall asleep on the table.
To prepare for an acupuncture treatment:
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Do not eat a big meal just prior
- But do not be hungry