Female Fertility Enhancement
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese medicine have been proven to enhance and treat female infertility.
There are so many reasons to add acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) to your fertility journey. Whether you are trying to conceive naturally or with the assistance of western medicine, TCM can help improve your chances of conception. See the research pages for some of the studies on acupuncture and fertility.
Fertility enhancement with TCM:
- Gets you healthier. When you are healthier, so are your eggs (see epigenetic research on the research pages)
- Reduces anxiety and stress effects on the body
- Can help regulate your cycle
- Assists with assisted reproductive technology (ART) if you are using western medicine
How it's done
The body’s ability to conceive rests on a myriad of organs and complicated processes. Because Chinese medicine is holistic (it focuses on the body as a unit and not just its individual parts), our goal is to get you as healthy as possible to increases your chances of conception. We want to make sure that all of your organ systems are functioning properly so that your body can create new life.
Studies have demonstrated the ability of acupuncture and Chinese herbs to regulate hormonal balance, resolve menstrual irregularities and enhance endocrine function (See the Research Pages). Also, Chinese medical theory believes that there is a connection between the emotional and the physical. Therefore, by connecting the Uterus with the Kidneys, Heart and Brain, we can impact how emotions affect endocrine function, as well as create a sense of peace and well being while trying to conceive. See Stephanie's book, Planting the Seeds of Pregnancy, An Integrative Approach to Fertility, for a more indepth explanation of how Traditional Chinese Medicine works to improve your chances for conception and to have a healthy baby.
Diagnoses often helped by Chinese Medicine:
- Poor Egg Quality
- Low Antral Follicle Count
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Unexplained Infertility
- Hormonal Imbalances – FSH, LH, TSH, progesterone, estrogen
- Thin Endometrium (uterine lining)
- Ovarian Cysts
- Uterine Myomas (fibroids)
- Tubal Blockage