Acupuncture During Pregnancy (And Beyond)
Seattle, Tacoma & Bellevue Clinics
Many people ask if acupuncture is safe during pregnancy and the answer is: yes! Just make sure that you see an acupuncturist that is trained in pregnancy acupuncture.
Here at Acupuncture Northwest & Associates, we treat women from the moment of preconception through the postpartum period and beyond. When we say the “moment of preconception”, we are drawing on the idea that as soon as you know that you want to have children in the future (this appies to both men and women) that is when you should begin preparing for pregnancy. For more information about the preconception period, see our fertility section.
In this section, we will talk pregnancy and how Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) can support you through each of the trimesters and rebuilding afterwards for a healthier future and/or preparing for another child.
- We will discuss miscarriage prevention and easing nausea in the 1st trimester.
- Then we will look at the 2nd trimester and which issues TCM can work with.
- In the 3rd trimester, we work on Pre-Birth Acupuncture to prepare the body for labor and turning breech babies.
- We also teach a Pre-Birth Acupressure Class to help the couple prepare for labor at home and for the partner to learn effective strategies for pain reduction during labor.
- Finally, in the 4th trimester, the postpartum period, we will look at how TCM can support the new mother. through mother warming and support for lactation, depression, anxiety, pain and other postpartum issues.
We are fully committed to helping you give birth to a healthy baby and want to be with you every exciting step of the way.
Learn more about what Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine has to offer in each of the 4 trimesters.
- The 1st Trimester
- The 2nd Trimester
- The 3rd Trimester
- Birth Preparation (Acupressure Class)