Helping bring healthy children into loving homes.
Here at Acupuncture Northwest & Associates, it is our honor to work with all types of couples and individuals to help them achieve their dream of becoming parents.
As a clinic, we began specializing in fertility over 16 years ago, and have the most nationally certified reproductive acupuncturists (ABORM) in Washington State. We have done research on acupuncture with IVF and we know and work closely with the reproductive endocrinologists (fertility doctors) in the Puget Sound area.
I refer patients who are interested in acupuncture and an Eastern approach to fertility care to Acupuncture Northwest because they are professional, board certified in fertility acupuncture, and I get wonderful feedback from patients that do treatment there. They enhance a holistic approach to care and spend time working on lifestyle changes that can improve overall health.”
– Dr. Lora Shahine of Pacific Northwest Fertility & IVF Specialists
How we can help
Whether you are trying naturally or with western medicine, we are here to help. Chinese medicine works with both female and male factor infertility.
When you come in to see one of our fertility acupuncturists, you get so much more than just acupuncture. Our providers look at all aspects of your life, including your physical health, nutrition, exercise habits, and relationships, knowing that all of these areas contribute or take away from your ability to conceive and carry a healthy baby to term. We will then put together a comprehensive plan that covers all areas of your life to help you optimize your fertility.
It is our honor to work with the LGBTQ community to help them create their loving families.
We also have Maya abdominal massage (MAM) in both our Seattle and Tacoma offices. MAM is a great addition to your fertility journey. It is wonderfully relaxing and can help break up scar tissue, increase blood flow to the reproductive organs, as well as many other benefits. Read more about how MAM can help here.
Our other fertility speciality is psychotherapy. We have two PhD psychologists in our Seattle office who specialize in fertility. The emotional weight of a fertility journey can heavy, and they offer wonderful support. No one should have to go through this journey alone. Learn more here.
Clinic director, Stephanie Gianarelli wrote Planting the Seeds of Pregnancy, An Integrative Approach to Fertility Care, with Dr. Lora Shahine. Read more about the book here.
Watch short informational videos made by our practitioners on our YouTube channel with topics such as Female Fertility Enhancement, Male Fertility Enhancement, PCOS, and Recurrent Pregnancy Loss.
Kaci Aitchson of Q13 came into our office in September 2017 and filmed Stephanie treating a patient and then interviewed her about treating infertility with Chinese medicine and acupuncture. Two segments came out of that interview. Here they are!
- Eastern medicine and fertility piece aired on October 11, 2017
- Stress, fertility and Eastern medicine segment aired October 10, 2017
- Stephanie was also on Q13 Facebook Live with Kaci October 11th, 2017! Watch it here!
- Acupuncture Northwest & Associates has been featured in the Seattle Times, on Q13 FOX News, KING 5, Warm 106.9, KOMO 4, and in Alternative Medicine Magazine, Seattle Magazine and South Sound Magazine for our work with fertility enhancement. Our expert practitioners have also written articles for RESOLVE’s national publication, Family Building Magazine. See our Media Page for all of media coverage, informational videos, awards, books, articles and classes.