What Acupuncture Treats
Traditional Chinese Medicine (including acupuncture) is a complete form of medicine, which means it has historically been used to treat all areas of illness. At its core is a model of health which the acupuncturist is always heading.
Because of this model of health and the subtlety of the medicine, there is always an imbalance to be found whether it is small or large. In this way, acupuncture can potentially be useful with any illness, even if it isn’t the main treatment the patient using.
Acupuncture treatment can include cupping, moxibustion, gwasha or electroacupuncture.
- Fertility Enhancement. See our fertility section for more information.
- Digestive Complaints. It becomes even more appealing when western medicine hasn’t been able to help.
- Respiratory Illnesses such as allergies, asthma, colds and flus.
- Pregnancy related health issues such as morning sickness, gestational diabetes, threatened miscarriage, and labor preparation. See our pregnancy pages.
- Anxiety and Depression are usually very well treated with acupuncture. Information about treating anxiety and depression here.
- Women’s Health Issues such as PMS, peri-menopausal symptoms, painful periods, irregular cycles, and amenorrhea.
- Acute and Chronic Pain. See our pain section.